Lift and slide stacking door hybrid wood and aluminum
The Lift and Slide Stacking Door affords maximum performance in terms of structural integrity, energy efficiency, security and protection from air and water intrusion. Maximize indoor/outdoor spaces with the Lift and Slide Stacking Door with an advanced weeping system that is ideal for areas with rainfall exposure.
- Doors available in single and bi-parting operation configurations
- SFI Certified and labeled standard Douglas Fir or Ponderosa Pine
- 4 5/8" or 5 5/8" stile widths
- 4 5/8" or 6 13/16" head rail heights
- 6 13/16", 10" or 12" bottom rail heights
- Up to 5 panels in single direction configuration
- Up to 10 panels in bi-parting configuration
- Available in all of our current clad color offerings
- Unlimited custom clad colors
- Multitude of glass options available
- 3 widths of simulite bar, 7/8" 1 5/16" & 2"
- Ability to mix bar widths
- 3 simulite profiles, Colonial or Contemporary, 5/8" Putty
- Frame and panel components are manufactured from kiln-dried preservative treated Douglas Fir. Ponderosa Pine or Knotty Alder are available options. Interior surfaces are unfinished clear wood, ready to prep for stain or paint. An optional factory applied interior primer coat is available.
- Panel stiles and rails are 2 ¼" thick kiln-dried, preservative treated Douglas Fir. Ponderosa Pine and Knotty Alter are available options. Top and bottom rails are solid material and engineered for strength and stability.
- The panel stiles are laminated and engineered. Standard stiles and top rails are 4 5/8" wide. Standard bottom rails are 6 13/16" wide.
- The maximum panel height is 120", maximum panel width is 72" and maximum panel weight is 660 pounds.
- All exposed exterior surfaces of our frame head and jambs are covered with .062" extruded aluminum.
- Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with acrylic sealant. A continuous extruded aluminum nailing flange is an integral part of the frame extrusion.
- Panel exteriors are covered with .075" extruded aluminum.
- The door sill is a low profile drain track made of thermally broken extruded aluminum in a dark bronze anodized finish. The standard sill height is 1".
In order to overcome the thermal inefficiency of conventional aluminum window spacers, a new type of spacer product called warm edge technology has evolved in the window industry. Warm Edge refers to the type of spacer material used to separate the panes of glass in an insulated window unit. If the material conducts less heat or cold at the edge of the glass than a conventional aluminum spacer, it is said to be "warm-edge." Most of these newer window spacers are less conductive and outperform pure aluminum. But there’s still one small problem -- they all contain some kind of metal. And metal is highly conductive. Unlike other so-called "warm" edge spacers that contain steel or aluminum wrapped in butyl rubber, the Quanex spacer is made of 100% polymer structural foam. The NO-Metal formula conducts less heat and cold than conventional metal spacers and provides the warmest possible edge.
The NO-Metal Warm Edge:
- Assures comfortable humidity levels and reduces worries about condensation and mold
- Resists window condensation
- Reduces energy costs
- Provides long-life durability
- Reduces outside noise transmittance
- Structural thermoset foam spacer reduces the stress on the system therefore reducing stress on the glass which results in less stress cracks and reduces stress on the sealant increasing sealant effectiveness
- Globally tested and proven spacer system
High Performance Double Coat Low-E Insulated Glass
Reduce Heating and Cooling Loads
High performance insulated glass with two low-E coatings blocks more solar heat than ordinary low-E and clear glass. The oppressive heat of the sun is composed of visible light and invisible infrared energy. Insulated glass produced with two low-E coatings allows the daylight to pass through the glass and filters out solar heat. In fact, it blocks a large percentage of the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays and delivers a performance improvement in winter nighttime insulation (R-value) compared to non-coated air-filled insulating glass.
Types of glass
Our interior simulite bars are made from clear Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir and are available in either Colonial or Contemporary profiles in three widths: 7/8", 1 5/16" or 2". In addition, we offer a 5/8" Putty profile in clad and wood exterior, and a 7/8" Atherton profile in wood exterior only. Insulated units with simulite are standard with an internal shadow bar to give the appearance of authentic divided lites.
The standard hardware features a solid brass material coated in four finishes. Very low profile plates are installed on the active panels, using one removable handle to raise or lower all active panels. A non-keyed flush pull is located on the exterior stile of the leading active panel.
A multipoint lock set is on the edge of the leading active panel, which engages with lock bolts attached to the side jamb.
The extruded aluminum clad exterior on Sierra Pacific windows and doors features a finish composed of durable 100% flouropolymer powder coating thermoset to meet AAMA 2605 standards. Powder coatings are more friendly to the environment than liquid coatings for many reasons, including:
- Powder coatings emit near-zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Liquid coatings are a major source of man-made VOCs.
- The application of liquid coatings requires additional energy usage to operate the thermal oxidizers and scrubbers necessary to lower the VOC emissions generated during the wet paint process.
- Powder is solvent free. Application of powder does not require the use of solvents necessary in liquid coating applications.
- Powder coating is an EPA recommended finishing system, contributing to the Green Building Initiative.
- Powder coated finishes have more surface hardness and scratch resistance than common liquid coatings.
Note: Colors shown may not be exact due to computer monitor differences. A degree of variation may occur on actual production line coatings. Ask your sales representative for a color sample.