RénoVert is a temporary refundable tax credit.

Who can claim it?

You can claim the tax credit if you have recognized eco-friendly renovation work done to a dwelling you own or co-own that is:

  • your principal residence; or
  • a winterized cottage that you normally occupy. 

How much is it?

The tax credit corresponds to 20% of the portion of your eligible expenses that exceeds $2,500. The maximum amount of the credit is $10,000.

In addition to this tax credit, you may be eligible for the financial assistance offered under the Rénoclimat program administered by the Ministère de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles.