Made from glass set directly into a frame, geometric or radius shapes are the focal point of most buildings. Available with an optional sash to match the visual line of other products, these windows give you the flexibility to create unique designs.
- Certified and labeled (SFI) Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir
- Basic jamb width 4 9/16"
- Designs available: trapezoids, pentagons, triangles, parallelograms, octagons, circles, ellipticals, ovals, half rounds, quarter rounds, or gothic shapes
- 61 factory exterior powder coated standard clad color options
- Unlimited custom clad colors
- Ability to mix clad colors
- Extruded aluminum frame (.062" thickness)
- Frame components are manufactured from kiln-dried, preservative-treated Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir available in unfinished clear wood ready to prep for stain or paint.
- An optional factory-applied interior prime coat is available. Douglas Fir interiors are available with an optional distressed finish.
- Radius wood components consist of laminated veneers.
- The sash is an optional feature for the direct glaze unit. We offer two standard widths. The “A” sash vertical sight line matches the daylight opening of the narrow sash, aluminum clad casement. The “B” sash vertical sight line matches the daylight opening of the Designer (Wide) sash casement and Carmel Double Hung.
- The sash is a full 1 3⁄4” thick and is manufactured from kiln-dried, preservative-treated Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir. Douglas Fir is available with an optional distressed finish. Sash corner joints are mortise and tenoned or coped and secured with screws.
- Exterior surfaces of both sash and frame are clad with .062" extruded aluminum. Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with silicone, pads and secured with screws.
- A continuous extruded aluminum nailing flange is an integral part of the frame extrusion.
In order to overcome the thermal inefficiency of conventional aluminum window spacers, a new type of spacer product called warm edge technology has evolved in the window industry. Warm Edge refers to the type of spacer material used to separate the panes of glass in an insulated window unit. If the material conducts less heat or cold at the edge of the glass than a conventional aluminum spacer, it is said to be "warm-edge." Most of these newer window spacers are less conductive and outperform pure aluminum. But there’s still one small problem -- they all contain some kind of metal. And metal is highly conductive. Unlike other so-called "warm" edge spacers that contain steel or aluminum wrapped in butyl rubber, the Quanex spacer is made of 100% polymer structural foam. The NO-Metal formula conducts less heat and cold than conventional metal spacers and provides the warmest possible edge.
The NO-Metal Warm Edge:
- Assures comfortable humidity levels and reduces worries about condensation and mold
- Resists window condensation
- Reduces energy costs
- Provides long-life durability
- Reduces outside noise transmittance
- Structural thermoset foam spacer reduces the stress on the system therefore reducing stress on the glass which results in less stress cracks and reduces stress on the sealant increasing sealant effectiveness
- Globally tested and proven spacer system
High Performance Double Coat Low-E Insulated Glass
Reduce Heating and Cooling Loads
High performance insulated glass with two low-E coatings blocks more solar heat than ordinary low-E and clear glass. The oppressive heat of the sun is composed of visible light and invisible infrared energy. Insulated glass produced with two low-E coatings allows the daylight to pass through the glass and filters out solar heat. In fact, it blocks a large percentage of the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays and delivers a performance improvement in winter nighttime insulation (R-value) compared to non-coated air-filled insulating glass.
Types of glass
- Our interior simulite bars are made from clear Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir and are available in either Colonial or Contemporary profiles in three widths: 7/8", 1 5/16" or 2". In addition, we offer a 5/8" Putty profile in clad and wood exterior, and a 7/8" Atherton profile in wood exterior only
- Insulated units with simulite are standard with an internal shadow bar to give the appearance of authentic divided lites
- Exterior simulite bars are solid and either primed for painting or clear for staining
- Interior simulite bars are solid, clear, and suitable for staining or painting
- Multiple simulite bar widths in Colonial or Contemporary profile can be used in the same unit to create unique lite patterns
- Bars are permanently adhered to the glass surface with a very high bond adhesive tap