Wood and Aluminium Windows
- Certified and labeled (SFI) Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir
- Radius Casements available
- 2 sash widths - Narrow and Wide
- Basic jamb width 4 9/16"
- Sash 1 3/4" thick
- Mortise and tenon sash corner joints
- Opens 90 degrees for easy cleaning
- 61 factory exterior powder coated standard clad color options
- Unlimited custom clad colors
- Ability to mix clad colors
- Extruded aluminum frame & sash (.062" thickness)
- Frame and sash components are manufactured from kiln-dried preservative-treated Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir in unfinished clear wood ready to prep for stain or paint.
- An optional factory applied interior prime coat is available.
- Two frame profiles are available Colonial and Contemporary.
- All sash corners have mortise and tenon joints that are sealed and screwed.
- Extruded aluminum frame corners are sealed with silicone, pads and secured with screws.
- Wood exterior feature 2 1/4" Designer (Wide) sash only.
In order to overcome the thermal inefficiency of conventional aluminum window spacers, a new type of spacer product called warm edge technology has evolved in the window industry. Warm Edge refers to the type of spacer material used to separate the panes of glass in an insulated window unit. If the material conducts less heat or cold at the edge of the glass than a conventional aluminum spacer, it is said to be "warm-edge." Most of these newer window spacers are less conductive and outperform pure aluminum. But there’s still one small problem -- they all contain some kind of metal. And metal is highly conductive. Unlike other so-called "warm" edge spacers that contain steel or aluminum wrapped in butyl rubber, the Quanex spacer is made of 100% polymer structural foam. The NO-Metal formula conducts less heat and cold than conventional metal spacers and provides the warmest possible edge.
The NO-Metal Warm Edge:
- Assures comfortable humidity levels and reduces worries about condensation and mold
- Resists window condensation
- Reduces energy costs
- Provides long-life durability
- Reduces outside noise transmittance
- Structural thermoset foam spacer reduces the stress on the system therefore reducing stress on the glass which results in less stress cracks and reduces stress on the sealant increasing sealant effectiveness
- Globally tested and proven spacer system
High Performance Double Coat Low-E Insulated Glass
Reduce Heating and Cooling Loads
High performance insulated glass with two low-E coatings blocks more solar heat than ordinary low-E and clear glass. The oppressive heat of the sun is composed of visible light and invisible infrared energy. Insulated glass produced with two low-E coatings allows the daylight to pass through the glass and filters out solar heat. In fact, it blocks a large percentage of the sun's harmful ultraviolet rays and delivers a performance improvement in winter nighttime insulation (R-value) compared to non-coated air-filled insulating glass.
Types of glass
- Our interior simulite bars are made from clear Ponderosa Pine or Douglas Fir and are available in either Colonial or Contemporary profiles in three widths: 7/8", 1 5/16" or 2". In addition, we offer a 5/8" Putty profile in clad and wood exterior, and a 7/8" Atherton profile in wood exterior only
- Insulated units with simulite are standard with an internal shadow bar to give the appearance of authentic divided lites
- Exterior simulite bars are solid and either primed for painting or clear for staining
- Interior simulite bars are solid, clear, and suitable for staining or painting
- Multiple simulite bar widths in Colonial or Contemporary profile can be used in the same unit to create unique lite patterns
- Bars are permanently adhered to the glass surface with a very high bond adhesive tap
Truth Encore® hardware is standard and features a low profile folding handle with nesting cover. Sash locks and crank handles are die-cast zinc. A stainless steel hardware package is available for coastal applications.
All exposed hardware components are coated with the Truth (*DUG coating system. The stainless steel track features a patented camlock system allowing easy field adjustment to the sash. Units 40" and taller have two sash locks. Tandem sash lock operation is available with the addition of an optional tie bar. Concealed snubbers are applied on the hinge stile opposite all sash locks for improved performance. The roto operator has hardened steel gears and operator arm. The casement opens to 90 degrees to allow easy cleaning or removal of sash from inside.
Standard Fiberglass Cloth
Clad Exterior: Sliding screens are constructed with an extruded aluminum frame finished in colors to match your exterior clad color. Screen is made with charcoal fiberglass cloth (18 x 16 mesh)
Wood Exterior: Sliding screens are constructed with an extruded aluminum frame finished in your choise of white, black, or bronze. Screen is made with charcoal fiberglass cloth (18 x 16 mesh)
BetterVue™ insect screening for windows, doors and porches is an excellent visibility insect screen (eVis) designed to maximize your outward view. BetterVue is woven from small, refined yarns that improve the screen’s openness, making visibility sharper and more brilliant.
UltraVue™ excellent visibility insect screening provides a sharp view of the outdoors while providing more light, air flow and improved indoor air quality.